Monday is Valentine's Day as we continue our salute to love by looking at some of the more romantic ballads of the past in the following quiz.
01. Whose advice to the lovelorn is "Ooh, ee, ooh, ah, ah, ting, tang, walla, walla, bing, bang"?
02. Who did Frankie Valli pray to for the girl of his dreams?
03. While there is more to romance than that, what did the Starland Vocal Band hope for?
04. What song title did Barry White realize when you find your one true love?
05. The Temptations realized they had sunshine on a cloudy day with who?
06. What musical question did Bryan Adams ask Don Juan DeMarco?
07. What was Paul McCartney once accused of filling the world with? Not that there's anything wrong with them.
We'll reveal all next weekend. But meanwhile, let's peek into THE ANSWERS BOX for the results of February 5, 2011.
THE LETTER SHUFFLE
Out of the letters in the word ROMANCE, you can also form the words: a, ace, acme, acne, acorn, acre, am, an, arc, are, arm, came, can, car, care, come, core, corn, cream, ear, earn, mace, man, mane, manor, mar, mare, more, name, near, no, nor, oar, on, one, or, ore, race, ream, roam, roan, (and) Roman.
More than the 42 words listed above might be possible.
Although she was not officially named until her appearance in 1995's Carrotblanca, Penelope Pussycat is the hapless feline femme fatale that Pepe Le'Pew usually winds up chasing.