Come and play, everything's A-OK, as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of that beloved children's program Sesame Street with a little quiz.
ROUND ONE: THE MUSIC
Who sang/sings the following songs?
01. I Love Trash!
02. C Is For Cookie
03. Rubber Duckie
04. It's Not Easy Being Green
ROUND TWO: OUTSIDE EXPOSURE
Although popular Sesame Street songs, who has also performed the following in other venues?
05. It's Not Easy Being Green
06. Sing! (Sing A Song!)
ROUND THREE: I'D LIKE YOU TO MEET...
07. Until he finally decided to make a public appearance, everyone thought Big Bird's friend Snuffleupagus was imaginary. But do you know his first name?
ROUND FOUR: THESE ARE THE PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
Although Muppets and live actors have intermingled since episode 1, the following characters were portrayed by real people before they became famous. Do you know who were...
08. Rafael, who ran the hardware store before it became Luis' Fix-It Shop
09. The Number Painter (aka The Mad Painter), who was always looking for somewhere to paint the number of the day/episode
10. Molly the Mail Lady
We shall peek inside THE ANSWER BOX next weekend to discover the results, but now, let's reveal just who came to our personal Mad Monster Party to celebrate Halloween during last weekend's Quiz.
01. He's expected, but never appears. H.) The Great Pumpkin of Peanuts fame.
02. He never drinks wine. F.) Dracula, quoting a classic line from the original movie with Bela Lugosi.
03. Despite his appearance, he's friendly. C.) Casper, the friendly ghost.
04. One has to wonder just how well he can play hockey. L.) Jason, from the Friday the 13th horror movie franchise.
05. A multi-faceted being. G.) The Frankenstein Monster, which is the correct name for the creature.
06. Everyone is hoping she doesn't crash the party. B.) Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.
07. He might bring the music. Q.) The Wolfman, and a nod to pioneering Rock and Roll DJ Wolf man Jack.
08. Complains about always having to sweep up afterwards. O.) Witch, with a hint to her alleged transportation, the broom.
09. Despite the name, he's not vampiric. A.) Batman, the DC Comics' super-hero.
10. He may love Christmas, but Halloween is his night! I.) The Grinch, and a direct hint to his second Doctor Seuss story: Halloween is Grinch Night!
11. He tried to steal Christmas too. K.) Jack Skellington, in The Nightmare Before Christmas.
12. Everyone goes to him for advice. P.) Witch Doctor, based on a line from the David Seville (aka Ross Bagdasarian) song.
13. No one knows if he ever does show up. J.) The Invisible Man
14. The other guests complain he's all wet and a social wallflower. E.)Creature from the Black Lagoon.
15. Always wants to rap. M.) The Mummy.
16. The Tally Man. D.) Count Von Count, from Sesame Street.