Summer officially began June 21, so I thought we would celebrate with a SUMMER TUNES QUIZ! I J
I tried to put them into some kind of a poetic order, but each quote below is from an actual song with the word summer in the title. How many do you know?
01. The air is so heavy and dry
02. Blowing through the jasmine in my mind
03. Back of my neck's getting burnt and pretty
04. My time of year
05. I'm gonnna raise a fuss...
06. Bob-bop-a-bop-bop when I want to...
07. When the weather's fine...
08. We went strolling, drank lemonade
09. Dust off the sun and the moon and sing a song of cheer
10. It's the simple things in life
11. Strolling through the shady lanes...
12. The more things change, the more they stay the same
13. Those were the best days of my life.
We'll reveal all next weekend. Meanwhile, let's peek into THE ANSWERS BOX and get the results from the June 19 Puzzle Corner.
THE FIFTY-FIFTY CHANCE
Yes, there is/was a Sherwood Forest in England, but at less than two acres today, it is a far cry from the one hundred plus acres of green trees and foliage it used to be.
THE LETTER SHUFFLE
The following words can all be found within the letters of SUMMER TIME:
Emir(s), Emu(s), Is, It, Its, Mere, Mime(s), Mire(s), Miser, Mist, Mister, Mum(s), Muse, Remit(s), Reset, Resume, Rest, Rim(s), Rum(s), See, Seem, Seer, Set, Sim (which is acceptable in the twenty-first century), Sir, Sit, Stem, Steer, Sum, Sure, Tee(s), Timer(s), Times and Tree(s).
Time is not acceptable because it was part of the original phrase.
Other words might be possible besides the 45 listed above.