Okay folks, I'm all out of themed quizzes (for now), but that doesn't mean we still can't have some fun, starting with a BRAND NEW puzzle!
For our first puzzle in this category, below is the opening (first) line from a famous book. Can you name the title and author?
"The office of the university president looked like the front parlor of a successful Victorian whorehouse."
HOW SMART ARE YOU?
Do you know the answer to the following question?
Given a chance, these opposites are the same. What are they?
We'll have the answers next weekend. But for now, let's peek inside THE ANSWERS BOX, and reveal the results of our Memorial Day quiz from last weekend.
01. Staff Sgt. James Kinchloe>Portrayed by Ivan Dixon, was a member of the World War 2 based TV show Hogan's Heroes.
02. Cpl. Walter O'Reilly>Gary Burghoff portrayed "Radar" in both the movie and the M*A*S*H TV series, set in the Korean War era.
03. General William Westmoreland>Served his country during World War 2, Korea, and the Viet Nam Wars.
04. Airman Wayloo Marie Holmes, USAF>Was portrayed by Megan Gallagher on China Beach, set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.
05. Sgt. Franklin Rock>This DC Comics soldier proudly served his country during numerous stories of World War 2.
06. General Douglas MacArthur>Saw action during both World War 1 and 2, as well as the beginning of the war in Korea.
07. Dwight David Eisenhower>Actively served his country during both World War 1 and 2, and as President of the United States, was Commander-In-Chief during the Korean War.
08. Private William G. Kirby>Portrayed by Jack Hogan in Combat! during World War 2.
09. Sgt. Sam Troy>Portrayed by Christopher George in The Rat Patrol, set during World War 2.