The month of December 2010 finds us with four Saturdays, including Christmas Day. So I thought we would use the space this month to celebrate the holidays and hopefully find the true spirit of the season, instead of the preciou$ one the retail industry is always searching for.
Something most everybody wants is represented by the image below. Do you know what it is?
This holiday icon has overcome his origins as a shill for a now defunct department store chain and taken his place amongst the stories and fables of holiday canon. Do you know who it is?
We'll have the answers for you next weekend. But for now, let's peek into THE ANSWERS BOX and see the results from our TV SHOW INTRO QUIZ from last weekend.
01. "You unlock this door with the key of imagination." Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone.
02. "He awoke to find himself trapped in the past." Quantum Leap.
03. "But in that darkness, fate moves its huge hand." Believe it or not, that line is from the first season opening to The Fugitive with David Jansen.
04. "We travel through time to help history along." Voyagers!, a good science-fiction series that unfortunately only lasted the 1982-83 TV season.
05. "To seek out new life and new civilizations." Star Trek, whether it be The Original Series, The Animated Series, or The Next Generation. The other series (to date): Enterprise, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine did not use the classic intro.
Post a Comment