This weekend, we celebrate Batman: The Dark Knight Rises to honor all the fans and dreamers out there despite the actions of a lone idiot in Colorado.
01. What is Bruce Wayne's middle name?
02. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises introduces the Robin character into the movie mythos once more. How many Robins have there been in the official comic book continuity?
03. How many ladies besides Anne Hathaway have played Selina Kyle/Catwoman on the big screen?
04. What is faithful Alfred's surname?
05. Counting The Dark Knight Rises, how many actors have portrayed Batman on the silver screen, to date?
We'll plunge the depths of the Batcave and discover the results next weekend. But for now, let's open THE ANSWERS BOX and discover the results from our quiz honoring Ernest Borgnine in the July 14th Puzzle Corner.
01. Borgnine actually served in the United States Navy until the end of World War 2. What was his real life Naval ranking?
After World War 2, Borgnine was honorably discharged as a Gunner's Mate, First Class. But in October 2004 he was made an honorary Chief Petty Officer.02. What was McHale's rarely used first name? Quinton
03. What was McHale's naval rank on television? Lieutenant Commander
04. For what did Borgnine win an Academy Award? Best Actor for his starring role in Marty, 1955.
05. Ernest Borgnine reteamed with his former McHale Navy costar Tim Conway to do what in 1999?
They reunited to begin voicing the characters of Mermaid Man (Borgnine) and Barnacle Boy (Conway) on SpongeBob Squarepants, roles they continued until Borgnine's passing.