Since 1995, “Archie” is the fastest known snail🐌 in the world.
What is petrichor?
THE LETTER SHUFFLE
Considering October 31 is almost upon us, how many new words can you make out of the letters in HALLOWEEN?🎃
We’ll reveal all next weekend but for now, let’s open up THE ANSWERS BOX📦 and discover the results from the October 21, 2023 Puzzle Corner that celebrated the 50th anniversary of Schoolhouse Rock!
01. When Schoolhouse Rock! first debuted on January 20, 1973; they began with Multiplication Rock!, covering the table from their first presentation: ♫My Hero, Zero♫ to ♫Little Twelve Toes♫. But what two numbers were skipped?
02. Multiplication Rock! lessons were quickly joined in the weekly rotation with Grammar Rock! What was the first lesson in that subject?
A: ♫Conjunction Junction♫.
03. What group of lessons was added in 1975 in time for the bicentennial of the United States?
A: America Rock!, teaching United States history and government.
04. What subject started debuting lessons in 1979 amongst the existing topics?
A: Science Rock!
05. Although the shortest subject because of the ever changing technology field, Computer Rock! debuted in 1983 with what two recurring characters?
A: Scooter Computer and Mister Chips.
06. Sadly, the series went off the air for a while starting in 1985, but when it returned in the early 1990s, it gained a mascot to introduce the segments. Who was this character?
A: Schoolhouse Rocky, who was dressed in a modified version of the costume from ♫My Hero, Zero♫.
07. With the series revival, what new subject was introduced amongst the original episodes and new lessons in Grammar Rock!?
A: Money Rock! about financial matters.
08. Sadly, the series went off the air again in 1999 and has only been on DVD (and YouTube) since then. What new subject was covered in a straight to DVD release in 2009?
A: Earth Rock! about earth sciences.