Ah... love, sweet love. Y
It makes the world go round. It's all you need.
This week's Puzzle Corner is pretty straight forward. One massive game of WHAT'S THAT SONG?
But for this special day, all the lyrics are from love songs. Can you name them all?
01. "I have dreamed thee so long..."
02. "...and man must have his mate..."
03. "...when you feel yourself lying helpless in her arms..."
04. "They say our love won't pay the rent..."
05. "But there never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do..."
06. "That's why darling, it's incredible..."
07. "When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May..."
08. "You fill up my senses..."
09. "...with the words I love you rollin' off my tongue..."
10. "I need your love..."
So enjoy the weekend all you lovebirds. Our serenader's will reveal themselves next weekend.
Meanwhile, here are the answers from last week's quiz.
01. Don McLean's classic song American Pie, which spent four weeks at Number 1.
02. "The day the music died."
03. "The Winter Dance Party", a 24 venue tour of the Midwest in three weeks whose planners never fully worked out the logistics of traversing the country during bad winter weather.
04. The original passenger manifest was to be just Buddy Holly, wanting to get to the next venue early for a chance to rest and, believe it or not: do some laundry, chartered the plane for himself and the Crickets that could afford to buy a ticket.
Dion DiMucci of Dion and the Belmonts refused to buy a plane ticket because the air fare, back then $36, was what his parents paid for a month's rent on the family apartment when he was growing up.
Then Cricket Waylon Jennings (yes, the country music star) gave up his seat to an ill Big Bopper, who was hoping to arrive early at the next venue to get some much needed rest before the next show. But an ill fated choice of jokes over the matter with Buddy Holly haunted him for the rest of his life.
The other Cricket scheduled for the flight, Tommy Allsup, lost his seat in a coin toss to Ritchie Valens.
The remaining Crickets, unable to afford the cost of the plane ticket, stayed on the tour bus.
Post a Comment