Okay. We're back to what passes for our "regularly" scheduled programming: MORE PUZZLES!
Who was the first woman in outer space?
What organization has won the Nobel Peace Prize THREE times, to date?
We'll reveal all next weekend. But for now, let's peek inside THE ANSWERS BOX, to see the results of last weekend's brief EMMY QUIZ.
01. Ed Asner as Lou Grant has won the most Emmys for performing the SAME character on DIFFERENT shows. Although Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch does hold the record for playing the same character amongst different series, with TEN to date, but has yet to win an Emmy for the role.
02. Don Knotts as Deputy Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show and Candice Bergen as Murphy Brown are tied with 5 wins each for the most Emmys performing the SAME character on the SAME show?
03. At 37, Frasier has won the most Emmys, period (to date).
04. Betty White can claim the TV trifecta with Emmy wins for Best Lead Actress in a Comedy (Life With Elizabeth, Golden Girls), Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy (Susan Nivens on The Mary Tyler Moore Show), and Best Guest Actress in a Comedy (for an appearance on The John Larroquette Show and her recent turn as host on Saturday Night Live).
05. Hill Street Blues, West Wing, and LA Law are tied at 4 for the most Emmy wins as the best drama. But Mad Men has just won their third and is still in production, so who knows?