While the observance is International (although not every country celebrates it on the same day), the following questions deal with its start here in the United States.
01. Who is accredited with the creation of this observance?
02. What was the creator's first success in getting Mothers' Day officially recognized?
03. Which President nationally recognized Mothers' Day, and when?
04. Do you think Mothers' Day has gotten too commercial?
We'll reveal all next weekend, but don't wait that long to honor your mother.
Meanwhile, let's peek inside THE ANSWERS BOX, and discover the results from the May 3, 2014 Puzzle Corner that played The Letter Shuffle with the names of the United States.
01. What was the most used letter when spelling out the names of all 50 states? A!
02. What letter is not used at all? Q! Although it does appear in some city names.
03. What letter starts the most state names? There is actually a tie between M and N, at 8 states apiece!
04. What letters do not start any state names? There are 7: B, E, J, Q, X, Y, and Z.
05. Can any words be spelled out of the letters that answer Question 4?
Only 3: BE, BY and BYE.