Because of what today is, I thought a patriotic TRIVIA TIME was in order.
1. Everyone knows what today is. But when did the thirteen original colonies actually vote to declare Independence from British rule?
2. After the Declaration of Independence was ratified on July 4, 1776, when was it first presented to the general public?
The sport most associated with this time of year, if not America's favorite, is baseball. Hence the theme of the last two questions.
3. The National League was first formed in 1876, but only two of the original eight teams are still in existence today. Can you name them? (Hint: they are not now called what they once were.)
4. The American League was formed in 1901, and surprisingly four of their original eight teams are still in existence under the same names they started with. Can you name them?
The answers will appear at the bottom of next weekend's Puzzle Corner, just like the results of June 27th, 2009 appear now.
1. Ed McMahon first worked with Johnny Carson on the game show Who Do You Trust?
2. Farrah Fawcett's first non-commercial work on television was a guest appearance on I Dream of Jeannie.
3. Michael Jackson's first number one solo hit was the title song from the movie Ben in 1972.
Believe it or not, all three appeared together on the September 18th, 1979 installment of The Tonight Show, hosted by Johnny Carson.