It's a holiday weekend in the United States of America as we celebrate our Independence as a free country, but hopefully our minds are not on vacation as we ponder these conundrums.
The following is the first line from a well known book. Do you know what it is?
"It was an odd-looking vine."
THE LETTER SHUFFLE
Since we in America are celebrating it this weekend, how many words can you make out of the letters in INDEPENDENCE?
We'll have the results next weekend.
But for now, let's kick back and enjoy the season as we peek into THE ANSWERS BOX and reveal the results of our SUMMER SONG QUIZ from the June 26 Puzzle Corner, and each title DOES have the word Summer in it.
01. The air is so heavy and dry>"Cruel Summer", Bananarama, 1984
02. Blowing through the jasmine in my mind>"Summer Breeze", Seals and Croft, 1972
03. Back of my neck's getting burnt and pretty>"Summer In The City", The Lovin' Spoonful, 1966
04. My time of year>"Summer", War, 1976
05. I'm gonnna raise a fuss...>"Summertime Blues", Eddie Cochran, 1958
06. Bob-bop-a-bop-bop when I want to...>"Hot Fun In The Summertime", Sly and the Family Stone, 1969
07. When the weather's fine...>"In The Summer Time", Mongo Jerry, 1970
08. We went strolling, drank lemonade>"Summer Nights", from the Grease soundtrack
09. Dust off the sun and the moon and sing a song of cheer>"Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days Of Summer", Nat King Cole, 1963
10. It's the simple things in life>"All Summer Long", Kid Rock, 2008
11. Strolling through the shady lanes...>"In The Good Ol' Summertime", title song of 1949 MGM movie
12. The more things change, the more they stay the same>"Summertime", Kenny Chesney, 2007
13. Those were the best days of my life.>"Summer of '69", Bryan Adams, 1985.
Enjoy the summer!