To kick off the New Year right, we are going to do a special edition of FAMOUS FIRSTS!
All you have to do is give us the first names of the people listed below.
|02. MacGyver (Richard Dean Anderson)|
|01. Mr. Magoo (voiced by Jim Backus)|
|03. Robert B. Parker's Spenser|
|04. "Ducky" (David Mcallum on NCIS)|
|05. "The Fonz" (Henry Winkler on Happy Days)|
|06. Quincy, M. E. (Jack Klugman)|
|07. Columbo (Peter Falk)|
|08. McCloud (Dennis Weaver)|
|09. and 10|
09. Mc Millan (Rock Hudson)
10. And his wife (Susan Saint James)
We'll reveal all next weekend, but for now let's open THE ANSWERS BOX and see how well you did on our 2013 Year's End Quiz.
01. We lost this actor, who was nominated EIGHT times for an Oscar, but never once won! He was given an honorary Oscar before his passing. Who was this person? Peter O'Toole
02. The next time Hanukkah and Thanksgiving will occur within the same 24 hour period is not until what year? 2070, since Hanukkah begins at sundown the night before. The 79811 is for an EXACT overlapping of the holidays, unless the Jewish calendar is revised.
03. Author Tom Clancy passed away this year. Can you name his last book, published posthumously? Command Authority
04. What accomplishment can trumpeter Derek Watkins claim that no one else can? He played on EVERY James Bond movie soundtrack from "Doctor No" to "Skyfall", although we're not sure if that includes the 1960's version of "Casino Royale" and the canon questionable "Never Say Never Again".
05. Who won the 2013 World Series? The Boston Red Sox
06. Who won the 2013 Super Bowl? The Baltimore Ravens
07. What makes the annual Tournament of Roses Parade so unique? Every float is 100% decorated in organic materials.
08. What famous science fiction series celebrated its 50th anniversary this year? Doctor Who
09. 2013 is allegedly the year the X-men have to worry about mutant hunting Sentinels taking over the world in the acclaimed "Days of Future Past" story line that is being made into a movie. But when was this comic book tale first published? 1980
10. Who did Time magazine name their 2013 Person of the Year? Pope Francis
Post a Comment